Re: Basics fails; SELECT, UPDATE

От Sergey Konoplev
Тема Re: Basics fails; SELECT, UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Jonas Schwanbom <cygnent@gmail.com> wrote:
> These are the commands that won't work for me:
>
> SELECT * FROM RealTable WHERE RealPrimaryKey = 'realvalue';
> SELECT RealColumn FROM RealTable WHERE RealPrimaryKey = 'realvalue';
>
> I get a blank sheet. The names of the columns are on top, otherways it's
> blank. Why on earth????
>
> It works without the ”WHERE”-part; I can see the full, filled table if I
> want to. But not any specific row or rows.
>
> Neither will this work, not if there allready is a value in ”RealColumn”:
>
> UPDATE RealTable SET RealColumn = 'newrealvalue' WHERE RealPrimaryKey =
> 'realvalue';
>
> Postgre SQL responds: ”Query returned successfully: 0 rows affected, 15 ms
> execution time.”

It looks like you do not have a row with RealPrimaryKey = 'realvalue'
in the table. Try to insert one and let us see.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com