Re: psql: add \create_function command

От Adam S
Тема Re: psql: add \create_function command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
idea: what about custom functions for (each) IDE, which calls psql -c "CREATE FUNCTION ..." when the user saves the file?  (it would easy to prototype for emacs...)
(obviously, this isn't a core feature...)

On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 3:19 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

pá 26. 1. 2024 v 21:17 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> I don't know, maybe I have a problem with the described use case. I cannot
> imagine holding the body and head of PL routines in different places and I
> don't understand the necessity to join it.

It seems a little weird to me too, and I would vote against accepting
\create_function as described because I think too few people would
want to use it.  However, the idea of an easy way to pull in a file
and convert it to a SQL literal seems like it has many applications.

+1

Pavel