Re: Fwd: configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found while trying to compile odbc

От Dev Kumkar
Тема Re: Fwd: configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found while trying to compile odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM, onur gulsevgi <ogulsevgi@gmail.com> wrote:

In a project, I was asked to create a database link between Oracle to PostGreSQL. I thought that I can use Oracle’s Heterogeneous Services. Oracle Database is running on Sparc Server (Solaris 10), so I downloaded the free ODBC packages from unixODBC project. They already provide a binary package for Solaris but it says it will remove any non pkgmgr content in “/usr/local/bin” directory. So I decided to download the source codes and build it manually.

Here are the commands to build unixODBC:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/unixODBC
make
make install

Then I try to install psqlodbc-9.02.0100 driver with the following command, I get this:

oracle->>./configure --prefix=/data11/ora_bosa/bosadb/odbc/driver --without-libpq
checking for library containing SQLGetPrivateProfileString... no
configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found

I am doing something wrong. But I could not figure it out. Any help will be appreciated.

It doesn't know where to find "odbcinst"?

As per your installation "odbc_config --libs"should return you "-L/usr/local/unixODBC/lib -lodbc"

You should try providing unixodbc location (one where you have installed) as follows.
./configure --prefix=/data11/ora_bosa/bosadb/odbc/driver --without-libpq --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC

Check config.log for additional log messages?

In case there are messages like
     libodbc.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'
     libodbc.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
     libodbc.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
     libodbc.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'

Then you might be required to add in a link to the "dl" library. Something like this "-ldl".
export LDFLAGS=-ldl

And then again run configure.

./configure --prefix=/data11/ora_bosa/bosadb/odbc/driver --without-libpq --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC

Regards...