Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> > > Thanks. I will mark the v5 patch "ready for committer" if no one has comments.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I looked into the patch and noticed a minor thing.
> >
> > +       return;                         /* keep compiler quiet */
> >  }
> >
> > I think we do not need the comment here.
> > The compiler seems not require "return" at the end of function
> > when function's return type is VOID.
> >
> > In addition, it seems better to remove these "return;" like what
> > commit "3974c4" did.
>
> It looks like that commit removed the plain return statements for a
> void returning functions. I see in the code that there are return
> statements that are there right after ereport(ERROR, just to keep the
> compiler quiet. Here in this patch also, we have return; statements
> after ereport(ERROR, for void returning functions. I'm not sure
> removing them would cause some compiler warnings on some platforms
> with some other compilers. If we're not sure, I'm okay to keep those
> return; statements. Thoughts?

I felt we could retain the return statement and remove the comments.
If you are ok with that I will modify and post a patch for it.
Thoughts?

Regards,
Vignesh

Сообщение: Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
Сообщение: Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION