Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 at 03:48, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think we need to be more aggressive about marking things returned
> with feedback when they don't get updated. If a patch is waiting for
> reviews for a long time, well, that's one thing. Maybe we eventually
> close it due to lack of interest in reviewing it, but that should be
> done cautiously, as it will understandably piss people off. But I
> regularly find patches in the CommitFest which have been waiting on
> author for multiple commitfests and are just repeatedly moved forward.
> That's crazy to me. It makes the CommitFest application fill up with
> junk that obscures what actually needs to be dealt with.

I also noticed that many patches get carried forward to the next
commitfest. I will start highlighting these kinds of patches to the
author, request them to act upon the patches and return the patch if
nothing is done in this commitfest. I'm also working on the needs
review patches, I have already withdrawn one of my patches yesterday
at [1] which got no response for a long time. I also got one on my
colleagues's patch to be withdrawn by requesting him internally at
[2]. I will be posting these kinds of patches in my weekly update. It
will be good if one of the senior folks reply whether to take it
forward or not, that will help me in taking a decision quickly on what
to do with these patches.

One kind suggestion for all the patches which have been inactive for a
long time is for the author to re-assess the patch once again and act
on the entry voluntarily which will help the committers and reviewers
in spending time on the real patch which requires focus.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm1AQZYgT0tALRrkvpP1Q%2B8%2Be7vkGCUjQ-jim1C0q3e%3DzA%40mail.gmail.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut+PtBX9S146Zq1CQUQQJ3n-P3ZSV4w9AHfC-LDsX5T5uT9w@mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vignesh