Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster
Дата
RE: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster  ("Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 15:16, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Vignesh,
>
> Thanks for updating the patch! Basically your patch looks good.
> Below lines are my comments for v3.
>
> 01.
>
> ```
>      <para>
>       The output plugins referenced by the slots on the old cluster must be
>       installed in the new PostgreSQL executable directory.
>      </para>
> ```
>
> PostgreSQL must be marked as <productname>.

Modified

> 02.
>
> ```
> <programlisting>
> pg_ctl -D /opt/PostgreSQL/data1 stop -l logfile
> </programlisting>
> ```
>
> I checked that found that -l was no-op when `pg_ctl stop` was specified. Can we remove?
> The documentation is not listed -l for the stop command.
> All the similar lines should be fixed as well.

Modified

> 03.
>
> ```
>         On <literal>node3</literal>, create any tables that were created in
>         the upgraded <literal>node2</literal> between
>         <xref linkend="cascaded-cluster-disable-sub-node2-node3"/> and now,
> ```
>
> If tables are newly defined on node1 between 1 - 11, they are not defined on node3.
> So they must be defined on node3 as well.

The new node1 tables will be created in node2 in step-11. Since we
have mentioned that, create the tables that were created between step
6 and now, all of node1 and node2 tables will get created

> 04.
>
> ```
>       <step>
>        <para id="cascaded-cluster-disable-sub-node2-node3">
> ```
>
> Even if the referred steps is correct, ID should be allocated to step, not para.
> That's why the rendering is bit a strange.

Modified

The attached v4 version patch has the changes for the same.

Regards,
Vignesh

Вложения