Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Documentation to upgrade logical replication cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 at 15:50, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 2:22 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We have documentation on how to upgrade "publisher" and "subscriber"
> > at [1], but currently we do not have any documentation on how to
> > upgrade logical replication clusters.
> > Here is a patch to document how to upgrade different logical
> > replication clusters: a) Upgrade 2 node logical replication cluster b)
> > Upgrade cascaded logical replication cluster c) Upgrade 2 node
> > circular logical replication cluster.
> >

> Today, off-list, I had a short discussion on this documentation with
> Jonathan and Michael. I was not sure whether we should add this in the
> main documentation of the upgrade or maintain it as a separate wiki
> page. My primary worry was that this seemed to be taking too much
> space on pgupgrade page and making the information on that page a bit
> unreadable. Jonathan suggested that we can add this information to the
> logical replication page [1] and add a reference in the pgupgrade
> page. That suggestion makes sense to me considering we have
> sub-sections like Monitoring, Security, and Configuration Settings on
> the logical replication page. We can have a new sub-section Upgrade on
> the same lines. What do you think?

I feel that would be better, also others like Kuroda-san had said in
the similar lines at comment-2 at [1] and Peter also had similar
opinion at [2]. I will handle this in the next version.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TY3PR01MB9889BD1202530E8310AC9B3DF5662%40TY3PR01MB9889.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
[2] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPs4AtGB9MMK51%3D1Z1JQ1FUK%2BX0oXQuAdEad1kEEuw7%2BkA%40mail.gmail.com