Re: describe-config issue

От vignesh C
Тема Re: describe-config issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 8:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Please defend that claim.  Otherwise this seems like a pretty
> random change.

I had seen that there is discrepancy in postgres --describe-config & the value displayed from pg_settings like in the below case:
postgres=# select name,min_val, max_val, boot_val,reset_val from pg_settings where name = 'checkpoint_timeout';
        name        | min_val | max_val | boot_val | reset_val
 checkpoint_timeout | 30      | 86400   | 300      | 300
(1 row)

[vignesh@localhost bin]$ ./postgres --describe-config | grep checkpoint_timeout
checkpoint_timeout sighup Write-Ahead Log / Checkpoints INTEGER 0 30 86400 Sets the maximum time between automatic WAL checkpoints.

In the case of pg_settings we display 300 for boot_val/reset_val whereas in the case of describe-config we display 0, shouldn't it be 300 here?
Thoughts?

 Regards,
Vignesh