Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 12:59, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 12:15:50PM +0530, Shubham Khanna wrote:
> > Patch is not applying. Please share the Rebased Version. Please find the error:
>
> Thanks.  Here you go with a v6.

Few comments:
1) Now that the MSVC build scripts are removed, should we have the
reference to "MSVC build scripts" here?
ltree.h:
/*
 * LOWER_NODE used to be defined in the Makefile via the compile flags.
 * However the MSVC build scripts neglected to do the same which resulted in
 * MSVC builds not using LOWER_NODE.  Since then, the MSVC scripts have been
 * modified to look for -D compile flags in Makefiles, so here, in order to
 * get the historic behavior of LOWER_NODE not being defined on MSVC, we only
 * define it when not building in that environment.  This is important as we
 * want to maintain the same LOWER_NODE behavior after a pg_upgrade.
 */
#ifndef _MSC_VER
#define LOWER_NODE
#endif

2) I had seen that if sed/gzip is not available meson build will fail:
2.a)
Program gsed sed found: NO
meson.build:334:6: ERROR: Program 'gsed sed' not found or not executable

2.b)
Program gzip found: NO
meson.build:337:7: ERROR: Program 'gzip' not found or not executable

Should we mention sed and gzip here?
+      <varlistentry>
+       <term><productname>Bison</productname> and
+        <productname>Flex</productname></term>
+       <listitem>
+       <para>
+        <productname>Bison</productname> and
<productname>Flex</productname> are
+        required.  Only <productname>Bison</productname> versions 2.3 and later
+        will work. <productname>Flex</productname> must be version
2.5.35 or later.
+       </para>

Regards,
Vignesh