Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table

От Surafel Temesgen
Тема Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 12:27 AM Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Yes, I think it can. The current situation is that the Start or End is
set to the Transaction Start Timestamp.
So if t2 starts before t1, then if t1 creates a row and t2 deletes it
then we will have start=t1 end=t2, but t2<t1
Your tests don't show that because it must happen concurrently.
We need to add an isolation test to show this, or to prove it doesn't happen.

Does MVCC allow that? i am not expert on MVCC but i don't
think t2 can see the row create by translation started before
itself

regards
Surafel