Re: How to create database with default system locale is set to et_EE.UTF-8

От Bèrto ëd Sèra
Тема Re: How to create database with default system locale is set to et_EE.UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is it reasonable to use commands

export LC_COLLATE='et_EE.UTF-8'
export LC_CTYPE='et_EE.UTF-8'

apt-get -t squeeze-backports install postgresql-9.1 postgresql-common postgresql-contrib

Hmmm no, not really. If your problem is that the system locale is wrong for your needs, you're going to have this thing popping up again and again (not just in postgres). I'd rather make sure the locale of my system is what it's expected to be, if I was you. Or do you have any particular reason to use a locale at system level, and another at postgresql level? It does look weird to me.

Besides, if I wanted to change a user locale in gentoo, I'd rather do
export LANG="et_EE.UTF-8"
export LC_COLLATE="C"

I have no idea of how binary distros would do that, but I'd expect them to be able not to type the same value twice. So, in case this really is a requirement, you really want to check your distro for details.

Bèrto
--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Сообщение: Re: How to create database with default system locale is set to et_EE.UTF-8
Сообщение: Re: How to create database with default system locale is set to et_EE.UTF-8