Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter

От Chris Travers
Тема Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all;

We have gotten a report from a user who is having issues with CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc.  I figured I would ask for additional insight and assistance at this point.

When the user tries to run CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc; the following occurs:

-bash-4.2$ dropdb ext_test
-bash-4.2$ createdb ext_test
-bash-4.2$ psql ext_test
psql (9.1.2)
Type "help" for help.

ext_test=# select version();
                                                   version
 PostgreSQL 9.1.2 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
4.6.2 20111027 (Red Hat 4.6.2-1), 64-bit
(1 row)

ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc;
ERROR:  type "tablefunc_crosstab_2" already exists

This lead me to conclude that we needed to CREATE EXTENSION FROM UNPACKAGED thinking this might be an upgrade issue.  However no luck.

ext_test=# CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc FROM unpackaged;
ERROR:  function normal_rand(integer, double precision, double
precision) does not exist

What should be tried next?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers