Re: Data Packaging/Data Unpacking

От oleg yusim
Тема Re: Data Packaging/Data Unpacking
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, Kevin, David,

Thanks you very much for explanation. Now who is the owner of this process? My understanding is, data then located physically in RAM, in the memory stack assigned by OS to this process. Now the question is who owns the process?

Thanks,

Oleg

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:29 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:57 PM, oleg yusim <olegyusim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Say, I got network package. The package was decrypted by OpenSSL. Where this
> data are, physically, at this moment?

Process-local memory for the PostgreSQL backend process associated
with the database connection.

> Opposite situation: we are about to send results of SELECT statement over
> the OpenSSL tunnel. Where are the data, physically, between the moment DB
> engine returned results for my query and moment the package was encrypted by
> OpenSSL?

Process-local memory for the PostgreSQL backend process associated
with the database connection.

​In other words (?) while OpenSSL may be a separate project the method of its use involves loading all relevant code into the process space​

​of PostgreSQL - specifically the process that was forked when the SSL client connection was established.

David J.​