Where col like 'abc%' with PreparedStatement

От Andy Fan
Тема Where col like 'abc%' with PreparedStatement
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The real SQL I want to execute is  SELECT * FROM t WHERE col like 'abc%'; This query
probably can go with IndexScan since it is prefixed with 'abc'.  However I am confused when I want
to use PreparedStatement.

For example:
       List<Map<String, Object>> imap = jdbcTemplate.queryForList("select * from tm where a like ?",
                new Object[] {"a" + "%"}
                );

The parse tree is sent to postgreSQL is "a like ?",  server knows nothing about if it is prefixed with
something or not, so probably Index Scan can't be selected. So what the user can use the prepared
Statement and use the IndexScan for the above case?

Thanks