Re: [GENERAL] pg_start/stop_backup naming conventions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_start/stop_backup naming conventions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:33 AM, mj0nes <matthew.jones@ramtech.co.uk> wrote:
Hi,

I'm just starting out on a rolling backup strategy and the naming convention
has thrown me slightly for the WAL and "backup_label" files.
 ​[...]​
Thanks for any pointers.

​I'll give out the standard advice - don't roll-your-own backup solution - investigate and choose one the many supported and maintained backup solutions (most are open source) that are already available.  This kind of detail, then, should become unimportant to you.

David J.