Re: Restoring default privileges on objects

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Restoring default privileges on objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 1:29 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Fri, 2023-10-06 at 22:18 +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-10-06 at 22:16 +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > Here is a patch that does away with the special handling of NULL values
> > in psql backslash commands.
>
> Erm, I forgot to attach the patch.

I just realize that there is a conflicting proposal.  I'll reply to that thread.
Sorry for the noise.

This thread seems officially closed and the discussion moved to [1].

Over there, after reading both threads, I am seeing enough agreement that changing these queries to always print "(none)" (translating the word none) where today they output null, and thus plan to move forward with the v1 patch on that thread proposing to do just that.  Please chime in over there on this specific option - whether you wish to support or reject it.  Should it be rejected the plan is to have these queries respect the user's preference in \pset null.  Please make it clear if you would rather maintain the status quo against either of those two options.

Thanks!

David J.

Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner