Re: [BUGS] Where clause in pg_dump: need help

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [BUGS] Where clause in pg_dump: need help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Prashanth Adiyodi <Prashantha@celltick.com> wrote:
1.- You have a backup with a series of tables which get inserted WITH a timestamp.
Adi-The series of tables may or may not have timestamp

​Then I think you cannot do what you want using only built-in PostgreSQL capabilities.  Meta data
​about when a record was inserted and/or delete is not kept by the system.

I'm not familiar with the capabilities of logical replication so that may provide an answer I am unaware of.

Otherwise the only thing that comes to mind is to stream WAL to an intermediate server and then every so often (once a day) release to the other server all WAL that accumulated during the previous period.

None of \copy, COPY (SQL), or pg_dump will get you what you want - the persisted data doesn't contain the information you desired.

Alternatively, once a week (give or take) you could perform a base backup of the DB.  Stream all archive files somewhere and each day perform a "point in time" recovery.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2