Re: BUG #18183: Unable to grant similar roles after changing user from No inheritance to Inheritance.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18183: Unable to grant similar roles after changing user from No inheritance to Inheritance.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Monday, November 6, 2023, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18183
Logged by:          Riyaz Khan
Email address:      riyaz489.rk@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.0
Operating system:   Windows

DB_name  = test

I have created a new user 't1' and Now I want to grant all permission of my
existing user 'test' to this new user 't1'.

As of v16 whether a role inherits the permissions of another role is controlled by the attributes of the membership grant itself.  The role attribute is now only a default.  But I suggest you start writing your grant commands to explicitly state whether the membership confers inherit and not rely on the default.

David J.