Re: BUG #14113: LIKE INCLUDING STORAGE bug?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #14113: LIKE INCLUDING STORAGE bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Monday, April 25, 2016, <jdnelson@dyn.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14113
> Logged by:          Jon Nelson
> Email address:      jdnelson@dyn.com <javascript:;>
> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.6
> Operating system:   Linux
>
> Running 9.4.6 and 9.4.7, I think I have encountered a bug with INCLUDING
> STORAGE.
>
> The CREATE TABLE syntax with INCLUDING STORAGE would seem to suggest that
> storage options on the parent table (such as fillfactor) are copied to the
> new child table, but this doesn't appear to work:
>
> jnelson=# create table p (column1 integer not null) with (fillfactor = 70);
> CREATE TABLE
> jnelson=# \d+ p
>                            Table "public.p"
>  Column  |  Type   | Modifiers | Storage | Stats target | Description
> ---------+---------+-----------+---------+--------------+-------------
>  column1 | integer | not null  | plain   |              |
>
> jnelson=# create table c (like p including storage);
> CREATE TABLE
> jnelson=# \d+ c
>                            Table "public.c"
>  Column  |  Type   | Modifiers | Storage | Stats target | Description
> ---------+---------+-----------+---------+--------------+-------------
>  column1 | integer | not null  | plain   |              |
>
> jnelson=#

This is intended, though your confusion is understandable.

As noted explicitly in the inherits section, and repeatedly qualified
within like, the things being copied are columns and stuff related to
them.  Fillfactor is a table-scoped property and thus is not copied.

The relevant link in the like section directs the user to the chapter on
TOAST, which I believe is the only form of column storage customization
available to the DBA.

David J,

От: jdnelson@dyn.com
Сообщение: BUG #14113: LIKE INCLUDING STORAGE bug?
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14110: information_schema.constraint_column_usage not working as expected