Re: Strange security issue with Superuser access

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Strange security issue with Superuser access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Andrzej Pilacik <cypisek77@gmail.com> wrote:
I see the issues that this person might be having.  I am not doing a restore or working on an existing issue.

My setup is very vanilla, anyone can create these tables and test, will get the same permission error...  (I did it in a brand new environment)

What I am asking here is why does a SUPERUSER not able to insert the data when the constraint is introduced.

​To prevent a super-user from shooting themselves in the foot.  Begin allowed to insert otherwise invalid data is not something that the database allows a superuser to do.  A superuser inserting a NULL into a NOT NULL column will also get an error.  This is no different.

David J.