Re: [BUGS] BUG #14155: bloom index error with unlogged table

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14155: bloom index error with unlogged table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:35 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> Actually, the docs could be more polished.
>
> I think the docs could stand to be rewritten from scratch ;-).  But
> upthread there was an offer to work on them if we made the code behavior
> saner.  I've done the latter part, I don't want to do the former.

I have finally given a shot at improving the docs with the attached.
Comments are welcome.

​It would be nice to give guidance on selecting a bit size for columns and a signature length​.  Yes, Wikipedia covers the topic but to get the reader started some discussion of the relevant trade-offs when using larger numbers than the default would be nice.  I don't suspect using smaller the default values is apt to be worthwhile...

David J.