Re: BUG #18457: Possible data loss needs to be evaluated

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18457: Possible data loss needs to be evaluated
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday, May 7, 2024, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18457
Logged by:          Julius Ernesti
Email address:      julius.ernesti@kpi4me.de
PostgreSQL version: 14.10
Operating system:   Rocky Linux 9

For the sake of simplicity, here is another example: There are two
connections A and B

Via A: insert into test (id, val) values (2, 'this will be a unique key
constraint error'); --> The Rollback statement will not be executed due to
an unknown error
Via B: insert into test (id, val) values (4, 'no error'); --> Successful
Transaction
Via A: insert into test (id, val) values (5, 'no error, but the is currently
a running transaction') --> Failed. Maybe a rollback is executed, I dont
know
Via B; select * from test where id = 4; --> Empty query

If you actually perform that algorithm manually using two psql sessions you will find, if done properly, that the row with id=4 exists.  If it does not then show that work because you will indeed have found a bug.  But as of now you have not demonstrated a bug in PostgreSQL.

David J.