Re: getTypeMap() returns null - bug?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: getTypeMap() returns null - bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sunday, May 10, 2020, javadesigner <javadesigner@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi all:

I'm playing around with customized Type Mappings and have the following snipped of code:

====
Connection con = getConnection();  /*get connection from driver - util method*/
System.out.println("GOT CONNECTION:" + con);
java.util.Map map = con.getTypeMap();
System.out.println("map:"+map);
====

When I run this I get:

GOT CONNECTION:org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection@3f8f9dd6
map:null

getTypeMap should return a map but it returns null !

While I agree, the feature is effectively not supported.

I can’t see changing it to throw a runtime exception and returning an empty map doesn’t make it any more usable so I don’t see the point there either.  The documentation could better reflect reality though.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: getTypeMap() returns null - bug?
Сообщение: Re: getTypeMap() returns null - bug?