Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 1:55 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
Perhaps the objections in that thread were because the proposal
involved inferring the privilege to ANALYZE from other privileges,
rather than having an explicit MAINTAIN privilege?

That is true; but it seems worth being explicit whether we expect the user to only be able to run "ANALYZE" using defaults (like auto-analyze would do) or if this additional capability is assumed to be part of the grant.  I do imagine you'd want to be able to set the statistic target in order to do vacuum --analyze-in-stages with a non-superuser.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.