Re: Documentation does not describes format for access privileges: =Tc/user

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Documentation does not describes format for access privileges: =Tc/user
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Monday, December 25, 2023, Eugen Konkov <konkove@gmail.com> wrote:
No, it does not. If you refer to `An empty grantee field in an aclitem
stands for PUBLIC.` then "grantee field" was never described. What is
this?

It would be very clear if it was described in this way:
The access privileges has the following format: "grantee=privileges/who grants".

Yes, it requires a bit of mental gymnastics to read.  The description says Calvin is the role being granted the privileges which makes that the grantee and Calvin is listed before the equal sign in the reference.

“Who grants” is the “grantor”.

I’ll accept that this can be improved but aside from a dictionary definition of grantee, which we don’t usually do, everything is shown.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Documentation does not describes format for access privileges: =Tc/user
Сообщение: Re: Documentation does not describes format for access privileges: =Tc/user