Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, March 20, 2016, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

* Allow backslash commands to span lines, probably by adopting the
rule that backslash immediately followed by newline is to be ignored
within a backslash command.  This would not be compatible with psql,
though, at least not unless we wanted to change psql too.

This would be appreciated.  The main case I find wanting this is writing out long \copy expressions.  Solving really complex ones using temporary tables works but being able to spread it out over multiple lines would be a welcomed addition.

David J.