Re: Missing information on '-X' in section 26.3.6.1.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Missing information on '-X' in section 26.3.6.1.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 1:30 PM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/continuous-archiving.html

I noticed, that in section 26.3.6.1. it's not specified, what the -X
parameter should be set to (stream or fetch, or whether it even matters). I
could continue with trial and error, but it confused me a bit.

The -X parameter is documented to have a default; but since both fetch and stream are documented to give you the same end result it doesn't matter.  Of course you cannot specify the none method.

David J.