Re: Adding comments to help understand psql hidden queries

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: Adding comments to help understand psql hidden queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 6:20 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
lines are supposed to align vertically.  With your patch, the first line
would have variable length depending on the command.

Yes, that is a good point. Aligning those would be quite tricky, what if we just kept a standard width for the closing query? Probably the 24 stars we currently have to match "QUERY", which it appears nobody has changed for translation purposes yet anyway. (If I am reading the code correctly, it would be up to the translators to maintain the vertical alignment).

Cheers,
Greg