Re: BUG #18133: Canceling statement due to statement timeout

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: BUG #18133: Canceling statement due to statement timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> ERROR:  canceling statement due to statement timeout
> STATEMENT:  DROP INDEX dbname."idname"

The problem is likely that you have a prepared transaction, as shown in your startup log:

> 2023-09-25 12:56:27.408 +03 [16513] LOG:  recovering
> prepared transaction 101134325 from shared memory

This transaction will persist across restarts, and can prevent things like a DROP INDEX from being able to complete, hence your eventual timeout.

If you are not actively using prepared transactions, it is highly recommended that you set your max_prepared_transactions setting to 0 in your postgresql.conf file.

To see which transactions you have currently prepared, run:

SELECT * FROM pg_prepared_xacts;

You should see an entry in that view with a transaction of 101134325

At this point, you will need to commit or rollback that transaction. If you don't recognize it or know what it does, I would roll it back:

ROLLBACK PREPARED 'foobar';

Replace the word foobar with whatever value is in the 'gid' column of pg_prepared_xacts

Once that is done, I suspect your DROP INDEX will proceed without a problem.

More information on prepared transactions:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-prepare-transaction.html

Cheers,
Greg