Re: PostgresSQL 8.4 - Data output - Newline

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: PostgresSQL 8.4 - Data output - Newline
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Paul . <larkybark123@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Made a SQL query that i run. However the data output is bit nasty to read
> since the lenght of it so i want break it into a new line to make it easier
> to read. I understood i could do this by using a newline command but the
> ones i found hasnt worked (they just create a new empty column).For
> instance: ' \n ' , E ' \n '.
>
> Anyone can help me out here what it is i need to use?
>
> To make it clear, say i have 2 columns only (VPIP and PFR). Now data output
> when i run the query is
> VPIP PFR
> 15 13
>
> I want to be able to make the data output to be
> VPIP
> 15
> PFR
> 13

How are you viewing this data? If it's with psql, look at the various
formatting options you can control with the \pset command:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-EXAMPLES

Options you might be interested in are '\pset x'  or '\pset tuples_only'

Josh