Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Okay, so one probable theory for such an error could be that when there
>> > is
>> > already an object with same name exists, this API requests access to the
>> > that existing object and found that it can't access it due to some
>> > reason.
>> > On googling, I found some people suggesting to try by disabling UAC [1]
>> > on
>> > your m/c, can you once try that to see what is the result (this
>> > experiment
>> > is just to find out the actual reason of failure, rather than a
>> > permanent
>> > change suggestion).
>>
>> Thanks for the details. Currently I am unable to change the UAC settings
>> in my
>> laptop. I will try to do it in a different system and let you know the
>> result later.

>> > Did you use pg_ctl register/unregister to register different services.
>> > Can
>> > you share the detail steps and OS version on which you saw this
>> > behaviour?
>>
>> Operating system - windows 7
>> Binary - PostgreSQL 9.5 (This doesn't matter, 9.4+ can produce the
>> problem)
>>
>> 1. Create two standard users in the system (test_user1 and test_user2)
>
> I think one possibility is that one user is not able to access the object
> created by another user, if possible can you as well try with just one user
> (Have same user for both the services).

Yes, it is working as same user services. The main problem is, PostgreSQL
as a service for two different users in the same system is not working because
of same random getting generated for two services.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia