Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Haribabu Kommi
<kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:39 AM,  <brown@fastmail.com> wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      13741
>> Logged by:          Eric Brown
>> Email address:      brown@fastmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.5beta1
>> Operating system:   CentOS 6.6
>>
>> I am trying to vacuum a database from a remote computer.  It appears that
>> vacuumdb is not accepting my password, though psql connects just fine.
>>
>>______
>> browne1@reslin3 ~/Desktop> vacuumdb -z -j 24 -h reslin1.enhnet.org -p 5433
>>                                                       127
>> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "browne1"
>> Password:
>> Password:
>> Password:
>> vacuumdb: could not connect to database browne1: FATAL:  password
>> authentication failed for user "browne1"
>> browne1@reslin3 ~/Desktop> psql -h reslin1.enhnet.org -p 5433
>>                                                         1
>> Password:
>> psql (9.5beta1)
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> browne1=#
>> ______
>
> No. vacuumdb is accepting your password correctly. But you gave the number
> of client connections as 24, to connect all these 24 clients to the
> database, it is requesting
> the password to enter again.
>
> you can try with vacuumb -z -j2 to verify the same.
>
> I feel we need to accept the password once and reuse it for all client
> connections.
> Provided working password can be returned for that database.

Here I attached a patch that saves the password provided by the user
from the connectDatabase function and reuse it for connecting all clients
to the same database.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia