От shveta malik
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 7:40 PM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Friday, February 16, 2024 6:41 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. Here are few comments:

Thanks for the comments.

> 2.
>
> +static bool
> +validate_remote_info(WalReceiverConn *wrconn, int elevel)
> +
> +       return (!remote_in_recovery && primary_slot_valid);
>
> The primary_slot_valid could be uninitialized in this function.

return (!remote_in_recovery && primary_slot_valid);

Here if remote_in_recovery is true, it will not even read
primary_slot_valid. It will read primary_slot_valid only if
remote_in_recovery is false and in such a case primary_slot_valid will
always be initialized in the else block above, let me know if you
still feel we shall initialize this to some default?

thanks
Shveta