Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От shveta malik
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 10:22 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 10:08 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 11:22 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> > <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > 3)
> > > update_synced_slots_inactive_time():
> > >
> > > This assert is removed, is it intentional?
> > > Assert(s->active_pid == 0);
> >
> > Yes, the slot can get acquired in the corner case when someone runs
> > pg_sync_replication_slots concurrently at this time. I'm referring to
> > the issue reported upthread. We don't prevent one running
> > pg_sync_replication_slots in promotion/ShutDownSlotSync phase right?
> > Maybe we should prevent that otherwise some of the slots are synced
> > and the standby gets promoted while others are yet-to-be-synced.
> >

> We should do something about it but that shouldn't be done in this
> patch. We can handle it separately and then add such an assert.

Agreed. Once this patch is concluded, I can fix the slot sync shutdown
issue and will also add this 'assert' back.

thanks
Shveta

Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation