От shveta malik
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 1:42 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 11:46:51AM +0530, shveta malik wrote:
> > Keeping 'count(*)=1' gives the benefit that it will straight
> > away give us true/false indicating if we are good or not wrt
> > primary_slot_name. I feel Assert can be removed and we can simply
> > have:
> >
> >         if (!tuplestore_gettupleslot(res->tuplestore, true, false, tupslot))
> >                 elog(ERROR, "failed to fetch primary_slot_name tuple");
> >

> I'd also vote for keeping it as it is and remove the Assert.

Sure, retained the query as is. Removed Assert.

PFA v64. Changes are:
1) Addressed comments by Amit in [1].
2) Addressed offlist comments given by Peter for documentation patch06.
3) Moved some docs to patch04 which were wrongly placed in patch02.
4) Addressed 1 pending comment from Bertrand (as stated above) to
remove redundant Assert from check_primary_info()

TODO:
Address comments by Peter given in [2]

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LBnCjxBi7vPam0OfxsTEyHdvqx7goKxi1ePU45oz%3Dkhg%40mail.gmail.com
[2]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPt5Pk_xJkb54oahR%2Bf9oawgfnmbpewvkZPgnRhoJ3gkYg%40mail.gmail.com