Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints
Дата
Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> Anyway, in order to move this forward, here is an updated patch where
> the ADD CONSTRAINT ... NOT NULL behavior for domains matches the
> idempotent behavior of tables.  This uses the patch that Jian He posted.

I tested the patch on Raspberry Pi 5 and Intel MacBook and also
experimented with it. Everything seems to work properly.

Personally I believe new functions such as
validateDomainNotNullConstraint() and findDomainNotNullConstraint()
could use a few lines of comments (accepts..., returns..., etc). Also
I think that the commit message should explicitly say that supporting
NOT VALID constraints is out of scope of this patch.

Except for named nitpicks v4 LGTM.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev