Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Proposal to add page headers to SLRU pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> +1 to the idea to protect SLRUs from corruption. I'm slightly leaning towards the idea of separating checksums from
datapages, but anyway this checksums are better than no checksums.

> On 7 Dec 2023, at 10:06, Li, Yong <yoli@ebay.com> wrote:
>
> I am still working on patching the pg_upgrade.  Just love to hear your thoughts on the idea and the current patch.
>
> FWIW you can take upgrade code from this patch [0] doing all the same stuff :)

Sounds like a half-measure to me. If we really want to go down this
rabbit hole IMO SLRU should be moved to shared buffers as proposed
elsewhere [1].

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/EFAAC0BE-27E9-4186-B925-79B7C696D5AC@amazon.com

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Configure problem when cross-compiling PostgreSQL 16.1