Re: Preserve subscription OIDs during pg_upgrade

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Preserve subscription OIDs during pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> It will be better to preserve them as it will be easier to
> compare subscription related objects in pg_subscription and
> pg_subscription_rel in the old and new clusters.

IMO it would be helpful if you could give a little bit more context on
why/when this is useful. Personally I find it somewhat difficult to
imagine a case when I really need to compare Oids of subscriptions
between old and new clusters.

If we commit to such a guarantee it will lay a certain burden on the
community in the long run and the benefits are not quite clear, to me
at least. If we are talking about giving such a guarantee only once
the value of this is arguably low.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev