Walsender getting klilled, ERROR: out of memory in server logs

От Subhrajit Mutsuddi
Тема Walsender getting klilled, ERROR: out of memory in server logs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi All,

I have a table test(id int, lobcol bytea), the REPLICA IDENTITY setting of the table is set to FULL. We are using the test_decoding plugin for logical decoding. We inserted a record with lobcol size of 256 MB. While updating that record with another lobcol value of 256 MB, we found in the server logs that the corresponding walsender process keeps getting killed and it shows 'out of memory' and this particular message repeats.

[11349] ERROR:  out of memory

DETAIL:  Cannot enlarge string buffer containing 1073741822 bytes by 1 more bytes.

[11587] ERROR:  out of memory

DETAIL:  Cannot enlarge string buffer containing 1073741822 bytes by 1 more bytes.

Can you please help me understand the cause of this issue ? If there are any relevant documentation links or any possible workaround please share it.

Thank you,

Regards,
Subhrajit