Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 2:52 PM Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:

As promised here is a patch with defines for all of the protocol messages.
I created a protocol.h file and put it in src/includes
I'm fairly sure that some of the names I used may need to be changed but the grunt work of finding and replacing everything is done.

In many cases, converting inline character to macro eliminates the need for inline comment, e.g.:
+ case SIMPLE_QUERY: /* simple query */

...that's more work obviously, do you agree and if so would you like some help going through that?

merlin

Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_io not tracking smgrwriteback() is confusing
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_io not tracking smgrwriteback() is confusing