Re: How to write in Postgres

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: How to write in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM, <mgould@isstrucksoftware.net> wrote:

>  I have a SQL statement that I'm trying to convert from a SQL Anywhere function, but I'm getting a error.  Can't seem
tofigure out why.  Is the substring usage incorrect and if it is how do I accomplish this.  I'm trying to step through
theitem 1 character at a time so that I can reformat the input correctly.

> This is inside a WHILE loop (While idx < 11 loop. idx has been initialized to 1 and is declared as a integer.
> set chr = substr(lfeid,idx,1);

in plpgsql:

WHILE idx < 11
LOOP
  chr := substr(lfeid,idx,1);
END LOOP;

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html

I could probably help you work it into a single query if you provided
some more detail.

merlin

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Error while importing CSV file
От: Madhu S R
Сообщение: Postgres Table level statement logging