Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Merlin>proposed would allow use of server side prepared statements with JDBC.
>
> It would not. If we discuss end-to-end scenarios in detail, we would end up with
> "send full query on each execution" -> lex/gram on each execution kind
> of overheads.

I think we're talking over each other here.  I'm not suggesting the
jdbc driver needs to be adjusted.  All I'm saying is that the use of
server side prepared statements is extremely problematic in
conjunction with pgbouncer (or any technology where the application db
connection and the server session are not 1:1) and trivial with the
proposed patch.

Any discussion regarding jdbc is off topic relative to that.

merlin