Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 11:28 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 8:03 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 5:01 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 5:31 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I checked v5-0001 and noticed the following:
> >
> > ======
> > doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml
> >
> > BEFORE
> > ... and the leftmost index field must be a  column (not an expression)
> > that reference a published table column.
> >
> > SUGGESTION ("references the", instead of "reference a")
> > ... and the leftmost index field must be a  column (not an expression)
> > that references the published table column.
>
> Thanks, will fix.
>

> > (maybe that last word "column" is also unnecessary?)
>
> But an index column doesn't reference the published table, but the
> published table's column, no?

Yeah, but there is some inconsistency with the other code comment that
just says "... that references the remote relation.", so I thought one
of them needs to change. If not this one, then the other one.

> > ======
> > src/backend/replication/logical/relation.c
> >
> > BEFORE
> > The index must be btree, non-partial, and the leftmost field must be a
> > column (not an expression) that reference the remote relation.
> >
> > SUGGESTION ("references", instead of "reference")
> > The index must be btree, non-partial, and the leftmost field must be a
> > column (not an expression) that references the remote relation.
> >

> Will fix.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.