От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:11 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> +        /*
> +         * "*" is not accepted as in that case primary will not be able to know
> +         * for which all standbys to wait for. Even if we have physical slots
> +         * info, there is no way to confirm whether there is any standby
> +         * configured for the known physical slots.
> +         */
> +        if (strcmp(*newval, "*") == 0)
> +        {
> +                GUC_check_errdetail("\"*\" is not accepted for
> standby_slot_names");
> +                return false;
> +        }
>
> Why only '*' is checked aside from validate_standby_slots()? I think
> that the doc doesn't mention anything about '*' and '*' cannot be used
> as a replication slot name. So even if we don't have this check, it
> might be no problem.

Hi, a while ago I asked this same question. See [1 #28] for the response..

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB571646B8186F6A06404BD50194BDA%40OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

От: Masahiko Sawada
От: Sutou Kouhei
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations