DOCS: Avoid using abbreviation "aka"

От Peter Smith
Тема DOCS: Avoid using abbreviation "aka"
Дата
Re: DOCS: Avoid using abbreviation "aka"  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
While checking some recently pushed changes [1] I noticed
documentation [2] that includes the abbreviation "aka".

IMO it is preferable to avoid informal abbreviations like "aka" in the
documents, because not everyone will understand the meaning.
Furthermore, I think this is reinforced by the fact this was the
*only* example of "aka" that I could find in all of the .sgml. Indeed,
assuming that "aka" is short for "also known as" then the sentence
still doesn't seem correct even after those words are substituted.

HEAD
For the synchronization to work, it is mandatory to have a physical
replication slot between the primary and the standby aka
primary_slot_name should be configured on the standby, and
hot_standby_feedback must be enabled on the standby.

SUGGESTION
For the synchronization to work, it is mandatory to have a physical
replication slot between the primary and the standby (i.e.,
primary_slot_name should be configured on the standby), and
hot_standby_feedback must be enabled on the standby.

~

I found that the "aka" was introduced in v86-0001 [3]. So my
replacement text above restores to something similar to how it was in
v85-0001.

PSA a patch for the same.

----------
[1]