tcp keepalives not sent during long query

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема tcp keepalives not sent during long query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

Some users of our database have a NAT firewall and keep a postgres client (e.g. pgAdmin ) open for hours. To prevent the connection from being killed by the firewall due to inactivity, we configured tcp_keepalives_idle = 120 so that the server sends keepalives and keeps the connection active. (this is on debian)

We've recently upgraded from postgres 9.3 to 13 and from debian 6 to 11.
I'm getting the complaint that since the upgrade, the connection breaks. But only when they run a long query.

Has anything changed in postgres that might cause this? e.g. that keepalives are only sent when the session is idle?

Thanks
--
Willy-Bas Loos