Inquiry/Help with pg_adviser (problem in index_create function for creating indexes)

От Ahmed Ibrahim
Тема Inquiry/Help with pg_adviser (problem in index_create function for creating indexes)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone!

I am new to PostgreSQL community and working currently on project pg_adviser [https://github.com/DrPostgres/pg_adviser/]

The extension last worked with version 8.3, and currently I am working to make it support version 16 and then the other active versions.

I will give a brief about the extension:
It's used to recommend useful indexes for a set of queries. It does that by  planning the query initially and seeing the initial cost and then creating *virtual* indexes (based on the query and columns used in it, ..etc) and planning again to see how those indexes changed the cost.

The problem I am facing is in creating those indexes in Postgres 16 (while calling *index_create*), and you can find here a detail description about the problem along with the code/PR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x2PnDEfEo094vgNiBd1-BfJtB5Fovrih/view

I would appreciate any help. Thanks :)