Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock

От tender wang
Тема Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The v8-0001 patch failed to apply in my local repo as below:

git apply v8-0001-Make-all-SLRU-buffer-sizes-configurable.patch
error: patch failed: src/backend/access/transam/multixact.c:1851
error: src/backend/access/transam/multixact.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/backend/access/transam/subtrans.c:184
error: src/backend/access/transam/subtrans.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/backend/commands/async.c:117
error: src/backend/commands/async.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/backend/storage/lmgr/predicate.c:808
error: src/backend/storage/lmgr/predicate.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/commands/async.h:15
error: src/include/commands/async.h: patch does not apply

My local head commit is 15c9ac36299.  Is there something I missed?

Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> 于2023年11月24日周五 17:08写道:
On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 10:17 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 11:34 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Note: With this testing, we have found a bug in the bank-wise
> > approach, basically we are clearing a procglobal->clogGroupFirst, even
> > before acquiring the bank lock that means in most of the cases there
> > will be a single process in each group as a group leader
>
> I realized that the bug fix I have done is not proper, so will send
> the updated patch set with the proper fix soon.

PFA, updated patch set fixes the bug found during the testing of the
group update using the injection point.  Also attached a path to test
the injection point but for that, we need to apply the injection point
patches [1]

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZWACtHPetBFIvP61%40paquier.xyz

--
Regards,