Re: jdbc and LibreOffice on Ubuntu: slow performance

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: jdbc and LibreOffice on Ubuntu: slow performance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> This might have to do with the number of rows fetched by default into
> the form interface -- if this seems plausible to you, is there a
> possibility to configure JDBC/LibreOffice to achieve a better
> performance? If not, what are our options to find out what exactly
> causes the bad performance?

The most likely bottleneck is one due to differences in the queries
actually issued (especially considering that parameters could be
handled differently), such as prepareThreshold issues.

Edit your postgresql.conf and set log_min_duration_statement to zero,
walk through a couple of use cases with the old driver (if possible),
then with the new driver, and compare the durations. If you can't use
the old version anymore at all, just look for the longest durations
with the new driver, or durations corresponding to a particularly slow
form.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com