Re: Cannot establish a remote connection

От VB N
Тема Re: Cannot establish a remote connection
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to connect to a remote PostgreSQL 9.3 database with pgAdmin III within our private network, so I did the following:

* Open postgresql.conf file and verify that listen_addresses = '*'
* Open pg_hba.conf and add the following line:
host    all             all             192.168.168.0/24            md5
Our private network segment is 192.168.168.*
* I stop PostgreSQL service.
* I start PostgeSQL service.

I can connect locally but not remotely.

Please help us know if you are getting any kind of error messages while trying to connect ? are you able to connect to the database / database server remotely without pgAdmin-III ?

Are you able to ping the database and see if PostgreSQL port is allowing connections remotely ?

Venkata Balaji N
Fujitsu Australia